Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum – Sun Protection
The Sunshield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 includes physical and chemical sunscreen ingredients. It has a sheer, matte finish and is safe for all skin types. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this product as an effective broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Zinc oxide deflects UV rays to prevent damage and signs of skin aging
- PABA-free, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic formula is ideal for most skin types
- Mattifying ingredients prevent oiliness and shine throughout the day
- Physical and chemical sunscreen
- Reef safe
Science & Innovation
With a 30-year legacy of science and innovation, Obagi has led transformative research that has met the needs of every skin tone and type. We believe skin care is more than “correcting” or even “preventing,” it’s about unleashing your skin’s full potential. That’s why Obagi creates inclusive products that support the diversity we all bring to the table. It’s about developing scientifically backed, clinical-quality formulations to promote healthy, future-facing skin.
Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Zinc Oxide 16.5%
These active ingredients of Obagi Sun Shield Matte sit on top of the skin and deflect the sun’s harmful rays, providing full UVA and UVB protection—also known as broad spectrum protection.
Water (Aqua), C15-19 Alkane, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Olivate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyrininoleate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Hydroxyacetophenone, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (candelilla) Wax, Beeswax, Dimethicone. zinc oxide 16.5 inactive
How to Use
- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure and as needed.
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating.
- Reapply at least every 2 hours.
- For children under 6 months of age: consult a doctor.
- Using a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 or higher together with a comprehensive sun protection program including wearing sun protective clothing, hats, sunglasses, and avoiding the sun between the hours of 10am – 2pm may help reduce the risk of premature skin aging.
- Store at room temperature.